Friday, November 20, 2015

VRX and enough money - NXI, ASHR

VRX had a good pop and I sold it.  A bit too early but satisfied with the earning. Did not buy and NXI, it is dropping slowly.  It is highly recommend by the fool.com, I should look into it. My paypal stock is not doing well, bought at 39 and it is floating around 36-37.  Will have to wait for a longer term.

ASHR is the one I am watching closely, if Chinese economy is slowing down, but still grow at 6%, the stock should have 10--12% up side per year, especially the Chinese Yuan will be considered as international currency soon and the Chinese stock will be also part of international stock market.  There is a clear upside.  I am just waiting for an event or a big drop to enter it.

Financially, things are fine.  There is enough money for kids' education and retirements.  So the question is what else should I spend money on?  Should I become very conservative in my investments since even I get another mil, my quality of life won't be different much.

So how much to get for basic, comfortable in come, I define it as twice the average.  My basic idea:

$24K is poverty limit, three times that is middle class, $72K, three time of that is affluent, $216K.  While I am glad I am lucky enough to surpass that, more is becoming less meaningful.  I am sure I will be as happy earning $120K as earning $400K.  So how to get $10K per month?  My conservative calculation of monthly income at 60.

$3,000 - $4500 from pension
$3,000 - $4500 from vacation rental
$5,000 - $6000 from other rental properties
$2,000 - $3000 from SS
$1,000 - $2000 from IRA dividend

$14K-$20K / month
--------
That's about $160K-$240K per year.  It is enough.  What else do I need? lavish vacation? expensive cars? art collection?  Probably not.

Maybe personal assistant will help?

No comments:

Post a Comment